STRATEGY | CAMPAIGN CONCEPT | DESIGN | COPY | VIDEOS | CONTENT PLAN | CRM EMAILS
Barrington Coast in NSW had rebranded and needed to launch itself into the minds and on the bucket lists of its target audiences and encourage more visitors to the region. When most destinations are leading their hero messages with ‘Explore’, ‘Discover’ and ‘Experience’ – it was time to shake things up to really connect with an audience. We suggested to short-breakers – ‘who cares what they do just do whatever it takes to enjoy their holiday’.
2021 NSW Tourism Awards Silver Winner for Tourism Marketing and Campaigns
2022 Gold in the NSW Tourism Awards for Tourism Marketing & Campaigns
2022 Gold in the NSW Tourism Awards for Local Government Award for Tourism 2022
Mumbrella Tourism Marketing Awards Breakthrough Destination of the Year for Blaze Your Own Trail finalist
A campaign content video helped drive up social engagement telling our ‘whatever story’.
From our hero brand story, we created a series of personalised chapters that showcased destination experiences. Each story was told across OOH and digital channels targeting audiences based on the brand’s personas.
Each ‘experience’ chapter was targeted to our audience segments and tested for its effectiveness to optimise media spend and ROI.
A campaign microsite promoted experiences, special offers and travel planning guides via its blog.
A visitor experiences blog was curated to mirror our stories which helped boost SEO, trip planning and destination awareness.
Our ‘Whatever it takes’ stories (especially the cheeky ones) became conversations in BC’s socials boosting website traffic and engagement rates.
We grew the visitor database with online sign-ups and kicked-off a series of ‘Curiosity‘ emails of experiences, offers and special events which will continue after the paid campaign to drive visitation.
Even with Covid lockdowns and starting from zero awareness of the Barrington Coast destination, the campaign’s social engagement, website traffic and enquiries have beaten all our expectations.
- Achieved a 12.5% increase on the website traffic objective of over 22,500 unique visits per month.
- Delivered over 21,000 website goal conversions for operator link clicks, calls, emails, discount link clicks and blog article clicks.
- Smashed the Google Paid search objective by 44%.
- Slashed the Google Paid Search & Display ads cost by up to 64% compared to travel industry averages.
- Smashed the Facebook/Instagram ads CTR by a massive 179% compared to travel industry averages.
- Shrunk the Facebook/Instagram ads CPC by 20% compared to travel industry averages.
- Grew the visitor e-news database by 208% to promote the pre-travel experience and boost destination bookings.